Terms and Conditions
- This website can be accessed at www.hgbavaco.co.za/, related mobi-sites and software applications (the “Website”) and is owned and operated by HGBAVACO t/a hgbavaco.co.za/ (HGBAVACO,we, us and our).
- Our Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) govern the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods, and the use of the Website.
- These Terms and Conditions are binding and enforceable against every person that accesses or uses this Website (“you”, “your” or “user”), including without limitation each user who registers as contemplated below (“registered user”). By using the Website and by clicking on the “Register” button on the Website, as may be applicable, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.(Detailed description of goods and services)
- The Website enables you to shop online for an extensive range of goods which may include suits, suit-separates, chinos, jeans, trousers, shirts, blazers, sports jackets, accessories and footwear (“Goods”). HGBAVACO also offers free tailoring in stores with every purchase.
2. Important Notice
- These Terms and Conditions apply to users who are consumers for purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (the “CPA”).
- These Terms and Conditions contain provisions that appear in similar text and style to this clause and which –
- may limit the risk or liability of HGBAVACO; and/or
- may create risk or liability for the user; and/or
- may compel the user to indemnify HGBAVACO; and/or
- serves as an acknowledgement, by the user, of a fact.
- Your attention is drawn to these Terms and Conditions because they are important and should be carefully noted.
- If there is any provision in these Terms and Conditions that you do not understand, it is your responsibility to ask HGBAVACO to explain it to you before you accept the Terms and Conditions or continue using the Website.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended or must be understood to unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any right or obligation, as the case may be, created for either you or HGBAVACO in terms of the CPA.
- HGBAVACO permits the use of this Website subject to the Terms and Conditions. By using this Website in any way, you shall be deemed to have accepted all the Terms and Conditions unconditionally. You must not use this Website if you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are divided into two sections, as follows:Part A – Orders and Sales;Part B – General Legal Terms.
Please refer to our Returns Policy for more information about cancelling orders after delivery, and about returns (and related refunds, replacements or repairs). The Returns Policy is incorporated by reference (which means that it forms part of these Terms and Conditions). The provision of goods and services by HGBAVACO Pty Ltd is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability, HGBAVACO Pty Ltd will refund the client in full within 30 days. Cancellation of orders by the client will attract a 5% administration fee. PART A – ORDERS AND SALES
4. Registration and use of the Website
- Only registered users may order/purchase Goods on the Website.
- To register as a user, you must provide your mobile number and password and provide certain information and personal details such as delivery address to HGBAVACO. You will need to use your mobile number or email address and password to access the Website in order to purchase Goods.
- You agree and warrant that your contact number/email address and password shall:
- be used for personal use only; and
- not be disclosed by you to any third party.
- For security purposes you agree to enter the correct mobile number/email address and password whenever ordering Goods, failing which you will be denied access.
- To verify that it is in fact your correct mobile number, an SMS will be sent to your mobile device with an OTP number.
- You agree that, once the correct mobile number/email address and password relating to your account have been entered, irrespective of whether the use of the mobile number/email address and password is unauthorized or fraudulent, you will be liable for payment of such order, save where the order is cancelled by you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- You agree to notify HGBAVACO immediately upon becoming aware of or reasonably suspecting any unauthorized access to or use of your mobile number/email address and password and to take steps to mitigate any resultant loss or harm.
- By using the Website you warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and of full legal capacity. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen) or if you are not legally permitted to enter into a binding agreement, then you may use the Website only with the involvement and supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If your parent or legal guardian supervises you and gives his/her consent, then such person agrees to be bound to these Terms and Conditions and to be liable and responsible for you and all your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- You agree that you will not in any way use any device, software or other instrument to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website. In addition, you agree that you will not in any way use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor, copy, distribute or modify the Website or the information contained herein, without the prior written consent from an authorized Company representative (such consent is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed by Internet search websites to direct Internet users to this Website).
- You may not use the Website to distribute material which is defamatory, offensive, contains or amounts to hate speech or is otherwise unlawful.
- You may not in any way display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the Website and/or the information contained therein without the express prior written consent of an authorized Company representative.
5. Conclusion of Sales and availability of stock
- Receipt of payment or payment authorization by HGBAVACO for the Goods confirms a purchase. Orders are subject to availability and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within 5 days and delivery confirmed by courier.
- NOTE: HGBAVACO will indicate the confirmation of your order by delivering the Goods to you, and only at that point will an agreement of sale between you and HGBAVACO come into effect (the “Sale”). This is regardless of any communication from HGBAVACO stating that your order or payment has been confirmed. HGBAVACO will indicate the rejection of your order by cancelling it and, as soon as possible thereafter, refunding you for any amount already paid.
- Orders may not be cancelled after receipt of payment of the Goods by HGBAVACO. After dispatch of your Goods, you may cancel the Sale only in accordance with the Returns Policy.
- Placing Goods in a shopping basket without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an order for such Goods, and as such, Goods may be removed from the shopping basket if stock is no longer available. You cannot hold HGBAVACO liable if such Goods are not available when you complete or attempt to complete the purchase cycle at a later stage.
- You acknowledge that stock of all Goods on offer is limited. In the case of Goods for sale by HGBAVACO, HGBAVACO will take all reasonable efforts to monitor stock levels and ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued on the Website. However, we cannot guarantee the availability of stock. When Goods are no longer available after placing an order, HGBAVACO will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of the amount paid by you for such Goods.
- We are committed to providing secure online payment facilities. All transactions are encrypted using appropriate encryption technology. All payments are processed by PayGate. Card transactions will be acquired for HGBAVACO Pty Ltd via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
- Payment can be made for Goods via –
- credit card: where payment is made by credit card, we may require additional information in order to authorize and/or verify the validity of payment. In such cases we reserve the right to withhold delivery until such time as the additional information is received by us and authorization is obtained by us for the amounts. If we do not receive authorization, your order for the Goods will be cancelled. You warrant that you are fully authorized to use the credit card supplied for purposes of paying the Goods. You also warrant that your credit card has sufficient available funds to cover all the costs incurred as a result of the services used on the Website; Payment can be made with VISA or Mastercard.
- The above payment options are explained in more detail in our Frequently Asked Questions (“FAQ”): Payment Assistance, which is incorporated by reference.
- You may contact us via email at email@example.com/ to obtain a full record of your payment. We will also send you email and SMS communications about your order and payment.
- Once you have selected your payment method and you accept these Terms and Conditions, you will be directed to a link to a secure site for payment of the applicable purchase price for the Goods.
7. Delivery of goods
- HGBAVACO offers one method of delivery of Goods to you, which is via courier.
- Please see details of our delivery and shipping terms and conditions in our FAQ: Shipping Information, which is incorporated by reference.
- Some items (heavy or large, based on volumetric weight) may carry additional delivery fees. These additional fees are included in the delivery cost upon checkout. Additional delivery volumetric costs are broken down below:Within South AfricaHGBAVACO provides free delivery for orders over R500.00A delivery fee of R150.00 will be charged for orders under R500.00Outside South Africa:R150.00 per kilogram of order weight will be charged
- Where it accepts your order, HGBAVACO will deliver the Goods to you as soon as reasonably possible, but no later than 30 (thirty) days of receipt of your payment (“Delivery Period”). We will notify you if we are unable to deliver the Goods during the Delivery Period. You may then, within 7 (seven) days of receiving such notification elect whether or not to cancel your order for the Goods. If you elect to cancel your order, we will reimburse you for the purchase price. Customer details will be stored by HGBAVACO Pty Ltd separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
9. Vouchers, Coupons and Referral Bonuses
- HGBAVACO may from time to time make electronic gift vouchers (“Vouchers”) and electronic promotional coupons (“Coupons”) available for use on the Website towards the purchase of HGBAVACO products. Vouchers, Gift Cards and Referral Bonuses can only be redeemed while they are valid and their expiry dates cannot be extended. More specifically:
- Vouchers are valid for 6 months after sale. If your Voucher has not been used within that period, it will expire. Vouchers can be redeemed in store.
- Once a voucher is purchased, an email will be sent to your email address with a unique voucher code. To redeem your voucher, you must present the voucher with the unique code received via email to the salesman in store. You can then choose from a selection of product applicable to your voucher. Vouchers do not accrue interest and are not refundable for cash once purchased.
- If your Voucher value is insufficient for the order you wish to place, you may make up the difference by paying via one of our other payment methods or make payment in store.
- Site PromotionsFrom time to time HGBAVACO will run promotions. These promotions will either be on selected products or site wide. For each promotion there will be specific terms and conditions. Promotions may require the customer to apply the stated promo-code to their cart during the check-out process.
- Promo-code discounts, even if site wide, will only apply to physical product. No promo-code discount will be applied to gift vouchers/cards.PART B – GENERAL LEGAL TERMS10. Changes to these terms and conditions
HGBAVACO may, in its sole discretion, change any of these Terms and Conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to regularly check these Terms and Conditions and make sure that you are satisfied with the changes. Should you not be satisfied, you must not place any further orders on, or in any other way use, the Website.
Any such change will only apply to your use of this Website after the change is displayed on the Website. If you use the Website after such amended Terms and Conditions have been displayed on the Website, you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
12. Ownership and copyright
- The contents of the Website, including any material, information, data, software, icons, text, graphics, lay-outs, images, sound clips, advertisements, video clips, trade names, logos, trade-marks, designs and service marks which are displayed on or incorporated in this Website (“Website Content”) are protected by law, including but not limited to copyright and trade mark law. The Website Content is the property of HGBAVACO, its advertisers and/or sponsors and/or is licensed to HGBAVACO.
- You will not acquire any right, title or interest in or to the Website or the Website Content.
- Any use, distribution or reproduction of the Website Content is prohibited unless expressly authorised in terms of these Terms and Conditions or otherwise provided for in law. To obtain permissions for the commercial use of any Website Content contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where any of the Website Content has been licensed to HGBAVACO or belongs to any third party, your rights of use will also be subject to any terms and conditions which that licencor or third party imposes from time to time and you agree to comply with such third party terms and conditions.
- The use of the Website is entirely at your own risk and you assume full responsibility for any risk or loss resulting from use of the Website or reliance on any information on the Website.
- Whilst HGBAVACO takes reasonable measures to ensure that the content of the Website is accurate and complete, HGBAVACO makes no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, as to the quality, timeliness, operation, integrity, availability or functionality of the Website or as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information on the Website.
- HGBAVACO disclaims liability for any damage, loss or liability, whether direct, indirect or consequential in nature, arising out of or in connection with your access to or use of the Website and/or any content therein unless otherwise provided by law. HGBAVACO claims no ownership of the content of this boilerplate document.
- Although Goods sold from the Website may, under certain specifically defined circumstances, be under warranty, the Website itself and all information provided on the Website is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchant-ability, fitness for a particular purpose, completeness, or non-infringement, as may be allowed in law.
- Any views or statements made or expressed on the Website are not necessarily the views of HGBAVACO, its directors, employees and/or agents.
- In addition to the disclaimers contained elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, HGBAVACO also makes no warranty or representation, whether express or implied, that the information or files available on the Website are free of viruses, spyware, malware, Trojans, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, destroy, compromise, disrupt, disable, harm, jeopardize or otherwise impede in any manner the operation, stability, security functionality or content of your computer system, computer network, hardware or software in any way. You accept all risk associated with the existence of such viruses, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, compromise, jeopardize, disrupt, disable, harm or otherwise impede in any manner the operation or content of a computer system, computer network, any handset or mobile device, or your hardware or software, save where such risks arise due to the gross negligence or willful misconduct of HGBAVACO, its employees, agents or authorized representatives. HGBAVACO thus disclaims all liability for any damage, loss or liability of any nature whatsoever arising out of or in in connection with your access to or use of the Website.
14. Linked third party websites
- This Website may contain links or references to other websites (“Third Party Websites”) which are outside of our control, including those of advertisers. These Terms and Conditions do not apply to those Third Party Websites and HGBAVACO is not responsible for the practices and/or privacy policies of those Third Party Websites or the “cookies” that those sites may use.
- Notwithstanding the fact that the Website may refer to or provide links to Third Party Websites, your use of such Third Party Websites is entirely at your own risk and we are not responsible for any loss, expense, claim or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising from your use of such Third Party Websites or your reliance on any information contained thereon.
15. Limitation of liability
- HGBAVACO cannot be held liable for any inaccurate information published on the Website and/or any incorrect prices displayed on the Website, save where such liability arises from the gross negligence or willful misconduct of HGBAVACO, its employees, agents or authorized representatives. You are encouraged to contact us to report any possible malfunctions or errors by way of email to email@example.com/ or by contacting 011 784 5114.
- HGBAVACO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGES WHICH MIGHT ARISE FROM YOUR USE OF, OR RELIANCE UPON, THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT CONTAINED IN THE WEBSITE; OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, AND/OR UNLAWFUL ACTIVITY ON THE WEBSITE AND/OR ANY LINKED THIRD PARTY WEBSITE.
- YOU HEREBY INDEMNIFY HGBAVACO AGAINST ANY LOSS, CLAIM OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY BE SUFFERED BY YOURSELF OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND/OR ANY LINKED THIRD PARTY WEBSITE.
16. Availability and termination
- We will use reasonable endeavors to maintain the availability of the Website, except during scheduled maintenance periods, and reserve the right to discontinue providing the Website or any part thereof with or without notice to you.
- HGBAVACO may in its sole discretion terminate, suspend and modify this Website, with or without notice to you. You agree that HGBAVACO will not be liable to you in the event that it chooses to suspend, modify or terminate this Website other than for processing any orders made by you prior to such time and to the extent possible.
- If you fail to comply with your obligations under these Terms and Conditions, including any incident involving payment of the price of an order for any Goods, and you fail to remedy such failure within 7 (seven) days of notice to you by us, this may (in our sole discretion) lead to a suspension of your access to the Website without any prejudice to any claims for damages or otherwise that we may have against you.
17. Governing law and jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions and our relationship and/or any dispute arising from or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Your continued use of the Website will constitute your consent and submission to the jurisdiction of the South African courts regarding all proceedings, transactions, applications or the like instituted by either party against the other, arising from any of these Terms and Conditions.
- In the event of any dispute arising between you and HGBAVACO, you hereby consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of the Republic of South Africa (Western Cape Division, Cape Town) notwithstanding that the quantum in the action or proceedings may otherwise fall below the monetary jurisdiction of that court.
- Nothing in this clause 18 or the Terms and Conditions limit your right to approach any court, tribunal or forum of competent jurisdiction in terms of the CPA.
- HGBAVACO hereby selects 4th Floor, Laico Isle, Co er Rivonia Road and Linden Street, Sandown, Sandton, Johannesburg, 2194 as its address for the service of all formal notices and legal processes in connection with these Terms and Conditions (“nominated address”). HGBAVACO may change this address from time to time by updating these Terms and Conditions.
- You hereby select the address specified on the Goods order form as your nominated address, but you may change it to any other physical address by giving HGBAVACO not less than 7 days’ notice in writing.
- Notices must be sent either by hand, prepaid registered post or email and must be in English.All notices sent –
- by hand will be deemed to have been received on the date of delivery;
- by prepaid registered post, will be deemed to have been received 10 days after the date of posting; and
- by email will be deemed to have been on the date indicated in the “Read Receipt” notification. ALL EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN YOU AND US MUST MAKE USE OF THE “READ RECEIPT” FUNCTION to serve as proof that an email has been received.
19. HGBAVACO information
For the purposes of the ECT Act, HGBAVACO’s information is as follows, which should be read in conjunction with its product descriptions and other terms and conditions contained on the Website:
- Full name: HGBAVACO t/a hgbavaco.co.za/, a company registered in South Africa with registration number CK2018/532354/07
- Main business: Retailer
- Physical address for receipt of legal service (also postal and street address): 4th Floor, Laico Isle, Corner Rivonia Road and Linden Street, Sandown, Sandton, Johannesburg, 2194
- Phone number: 011 7845114
20. Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
21. ResponsibilityHGBAVACO Pty Ltd takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
22. Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and HGBAVACO Pty Ltd chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, PO Box 42099, Fordsburg, Johannesburg,2033
- HGBAVACO may, in its sole discretion, at any time and for any reason and without prior written notice, suspend or terminate the operation of the Website or the user’s right to use the Website or any of its contents subject to us processing any orders then already made by you.
- You may not cede,assign or otherwise transfer your rights and obligations in terms of these Terms and Conditions to any third party.
- Any failure on the part of you or HGBAVACO to enforce any right in terms hereof shall not constitute a waiver of that right.
- If any term or condition contained herein is declared invalid, the remaining terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
- No variation,addition, deletion, or agreed cancellation of the Terms and Conditions will be of any force or effect unless in writing and accepted by or on behalf of the parties hereto.
- No indulgence,extension of time, relaxation or latitude which any party (the “grantor”) may show grant or allow to the other (the “grantee”) shall constitute a waiver by the grantor of any of the grantor’s rights and the grantor shall not thereby be prejudiced or stopped from exercising any of its rights against the grantee which may have arisen in the past or which might arise in the future.
- These Terms and Conditions contain the whole agreement between you and HGBAVACO and no other warranty or undertaking is valid, unless contained in this document between the parties.